Granite Data Services (GraniteDS) is a comprehensive development and integration solution for building Flex or JavaFX / JavaEE RIA applications. The entire framework is open-source and released under the LGPL v2 license.
- A client development framework (Tide) that brings familiar Java EE concepts to the client side: dependency injection, context management, authentication and secured access, bean validation, etc.
- A comprehensive integration with major Java EE application servers, frameworks and JPA engines: JBoss, GlassFish, WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat and Jetty; Hibernate, EclipseLink, OpenJPA and DataNucleus.
- An efficient real-time module (Gravity), based on Comet implementations, allowing scalable data push.
- A Websocket-based real-time module allowing scalable, low-latency data push.
- Code generation tools (Gas3, Gfx) that help in replicating Java entity beans and services into their ActionScript3 or JavaFX equivalents. These tools are available as an Eclipse plug-in or an Ant task.
- Simplified configuration and high performances for critical deployments: most of the configuration is automated by scanning deployment environments and standard libraries are optimized for scalability.
Integration and features stack is as follow:
GraniteDS greatly accelerate Flex or JavaFX / JavaEE developments and let you reuse existing Java services. A typical development cycle with GraniteDS goes from modeling JavaEE data and services, replicating them by using code generation tools and creating the Flex / JavaFX graphical interface: